Fast Track 1?

• 2 Replies

Offline FlameSpirit

• View Profile
Fast Track 1?
« on: July 04, 2015, 12:05:50 PM »
Long story short - I have HSS strat with Norton, and 2 Areas 67. I was wondering if there is neck mini humbucker which will give me "singing" solo sound. Something like Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O'mine? I really like tones which get guys like Andy Timmons and Vinnie Moore. (Cruiser Bridge and Fast Track 1 users).

Offline jazzfromhell

• View Profile
Re: Fast Track 1?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 02:42:40 PM »
Those you mention will work fine. If you want a hotter and fatter pickup you can try the Pro Track. Chopper also works well, actually really well, together with the Norton, seeing as both are a bit on the brighter side.

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
Re: Fast Track 1?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 06:07:36 PM »
I actually really like the Cruiser Bridge in the neck position. The Fast Track 1 I find has a bit more presence and I find works better for the guys that like a more saturated shreddy lead tone while the Cruiser works better for a cleaner less saturated lead tone. Both work well but it depends on what kind of a singing lead tone you want. The GnR Sweet Child O' Mine lead tone is pretty saturated and the Fast Track 1 might be the better choice if that's what you're aiming for.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter