DimarzioForum.Com > Everything you wanted to know about ....

Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues 2 (DP 409)

<< < (2/3) > >>

madmarcus1960:
Put in between a Crunchlab and Liquifire set in a Ibanez RG470AHM. Had to run it in reverse polarity to the HB's to get in phase. One I did, it worked quite well. The output hangs with the Petrucci set, while still sounding Stratty in POS's 2-4.

Guitar74:
It has become my go to for a single. If you have a guitar with a neck single slot, you should try it there. It sounds great in the neck slot with distortion. Actually, just sounds great in the neck period.

darkbluemurder:

--- Quote from: Guitar74 on October 30, 2019, 02:08:11 PM ---It sounds great in the neck slot with distortion. Actually, just sounds great in the neck period.

--- End quote ---

Right you are :)
As you will see from my original post, it is in the guitar for 5 years now and still going strong (and not anywhere).

Cheers Stephan

Guitar74:
I have it wired to be with the bridge pup on my axe and LOVE it with the humbucker. Like you said, it still has the "notch" position tone, just with more mids. I don't mind it myself, as it replaced an HS-3. It's also in a maple body/maple neck guitar so the brightness of that particular guitar sort of "evens" things out a bit. You can DEFINITELY nail that "Hiroshima Mon Amour" neck pickup tone of a certain Swede virtuoso with this one which is what I love. Articulate but fluid with enough output to hang with a dual coil in the bridge without the noise. It going in the middle position of my RG as well.

darkbluemurder:
Meanwhile I put it in the bridge position of one of my strats. The other pickups are my go tos Area 67 neck, Area 58 middle. Volume balance is excellent. But even though it is hotter than a vintage style strat pickup it still screams "STRAT BRIDGE" very loudly - certainly nothing humbuckerish or P90ish about it. It is a good tone even though a bit bright but not in an obnoxious way. I think I will drop the load on it a bit and then I should be there for that guitar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version