DimarzioForum.Com > Everything you wanted to know about ....

Dimarzio Area Pickups for Telecaster

(1/4) > >>

Chrismo:
Didn't see much mention about the Area T set from Dimarzio so...

DROP EVERYTHING YOU'RE DOING, AND PULL YOUR TELECASTER PICKUPS OUT OF YOUR TELECASTER NOW.

The Telecaster is my favorite guitar of all time - that's why I'm the most picky about my Tele tone. For the past few years I've been fortunate to own a '68 Paisley reissue. Due to noise issues, I've been rather reluctant to use standard single coils. I've used Duncan, some Dimarzios, even Fender sets and a handwound set from Don Mare. Noiselesswise, I've owned the holy grail - the Gatton set from Joe Barden.

Let me tell you right now - hands down the BEST set I've ever used were the Dimarzio Area Ts.

Where do I begin...the neck pickup is THE neck pickup to have in a Tele. It's got a nice round warmth yet exceptional clarity that can't be beat. It's beautiful. It's warm enough for vintage style blues and jazz, yet it retains enough clarity for pop, rock, and country. It sounds incredible with light distortion and can take you into a whole other universe. Play with the height on this and you'll find your sweet spot.

The bridge - THE BRIDGE. Man, this bridge rocks. It bangs, it twangs. Clean and compressed it brings out a nice '60s Tele sound, yet fuller. With overdrive and distortion this thing hangs with the best vintage humbuckers. Nice, crunchy rock for all your rhythmic needs. My favorite bridge ever - NO ICE PICK.

Someday I hope to try the Area Hot T as it's similar to a Broadcaster/P-90. I had the Virtual Hot T and it was very similar. Awesome for rock and country, especially in an Esquire.

I hope this helps you guys!

Butch Snyder:
I just installed an Area T in the bridge position of my American Series Telecaster.  So far, I like it.  We shall se how it fares....

Jerryman:
I believe you. I personally use a ChopperT  in my bridge, and its got a synergy with an Ash Tele thats very deep and expressive.
Im just loking for a Hot Tele Dimarzio Mini  to put in the neck.
I havent hear the areat's, but the Area Strat set is amazing from the clips Ive heard..so much so I'm thinking of selling my Classic Stacks.

ACH91332:
Anyone have any input on the differences between the Area T and the Area T 615? Is the 615 pretty much like an in between of the Area T and Hot T? If it still has the twang of the regular T but with some of the balls of the Hot T that'd be a winner too.

MarvinMealer:
I spoke with DiMarzio tech support regarding the Area T 615.  I was told it was a lot like the Twang King minus the hum.  I musts haves my precious!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version