DimarzioForum.Com > Everything you wanted to know about ....

The Cruiser Bridge Model

(1/4) > >>

buddroyce:
I'm typically not a huge fan of single coils but I do happen to have an ESP Vintage Plus Strat with two singles and a humbucker and could never get used to the tone from the singles. That being said I was actually going to swap out the neck pickup for a DiMarzio mini humbucker like an Air Norton S for a tone I'm more familiar with and very happy with, BUT I just happened to have a Cruiser Bridge pickup laying around for some time that I bought off someone a while ago and thought.. hey I might as well give it a try.

It is honestly one of the best sounding neck pickups a guy like me could ask for. I can see why Andy Timmons likes the Cruiser so much now. Output wise it's fairly low but unlike most strat pickups it doesn't sound thin to my ears and this is coming from someone who's used to playing on fairly fat sounding humbuckers in the neck position. It's got all the clarity and sparkle one could expect from a true single coil but just a bit more umph to it.

The clean tones are fantastic with this and handles distortion very well. A mild distortion yields a great blues/rock lead tone and also produces fantastic shred tones if you crank up the gain. I'm honestly really surprised how great this pickup is and may have found a new favourite neck pickup. Too bad the one I had lying around was black. I wish they did this in white with chrome blades. (ok, I know, I can just get white covers, but the blades are still black)

CityofBlindingLights:
The Cruiser Bridge model is great for a slightly stronger strat sound, while still retaining all the bell-like clarity one would expect from a strat pickup.

And yes, it would be AWESOME if DiMarzio made silver blades on rail pickups.

wxs3:

--- Quote from: CityofBlindingLights on June 15, 2009, 05:34:39 PM ---And yes, it would be AWESOME if DiMarzio made silver blades on rail pickups.

--- End quote ---

or Gold  ....   :madness:

joelmo:
hi
the cruise bridge model its something every strat player should try.
i will make them change their minds.
it is son sweet and can take a lot of distortion with muddy a little bit.
i have it on the middle position with a pro track neck and a air norton s bridge on my white mex strat called "rosita".
it will be great to have gold or silver rails like richie kotzen has on his tele.
i hope dimarzio hear us.
maybe sometimes

buddroyce:
I just got the white cover for the Cruiser I have.. it just doesn't look right to me with the black blades, but it sounds so damn good that I don't want to give it up. Maybe I'll just put back in the black cover and stick it in a Caparison Horus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version