Put Dimarzio Pickups on my old 30 years Ibanez guitar

• 2 Replies

Offline Segomil

• View Profile
Put Dimarzio Pickups on my old 30 years Ibanez guitar
« on: October 24, 2015, 04:20:41 PM »
Hi
Yesterday i received my Epiphone Tribute 60's plus guitar, but because the quality was not there i refused to take it ... here is my complaint in the epiphone forum & i am not gentle http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/125180-i-have-been/ ...
Last year i had some delivery problem with Line 6 who they have tried to pass me and old & used guitar JTV89f ...
So because i lost any confidence for brand new products...i started to buy since 2014 used guitars & i found a great Ibanez Roadstar RG420BK from 1986. The pickups are good but i want the Gibson sounds !

I want the sound of a Gibson 57, 59  i don't know ... i don't play Metal or agressive music but Rock & soft Rock song (70's-80's style) I only play my own music (my own composition)
A luther said to me that even if i put Gibson 57 classic pickups on my Ibanez that the  sounds will not be the same because my Ibanez it's not in Mahogany wood, but made in a basswood body & a maple neck !
What Dimarzio can do for me to get the Gibson sounds ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 04:40:21 PM by Segomil »

Offline greenlion

• View Profile
Re: Put Dimarzio Pickups on my old 30 years Ibanez guitar
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 07:53:37 PM »
Nothing is going to make your Ibanez sound like a Gibson Les Paul. If you are simply looking for big humbucker sounds out of your Ibanez, you have a lot of tones to choose from. If you want classic PAF tones, the Air Classics are a good choice. Paul Gilbert uses these all the time. If you want a hotter, fatter sound, the Breed set is a good choice, if you want a good shred set, the Tone Zone and Paf Pro is great. If you want a super hot set, the Evolutions or Super Distortion sets are great.

Offline Segomil

• View Profile
Re: Put Dimarzio Pickups on my old 30 years Ibanez guitar
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 11:30:42 AM »
Thank you GreenLion ,,, i will follow your suggestions ...
SOuNd ; Classics Paf Tone = Air Classics
SOuNd :   hotter, fatter sound, = the Breed set
SOuNd : good shred set = Tone Zone and Paf Pro
SOuNd :  super hot set =  the Evolutions or Super Distortion sets