What is a good match with Super Distortion?

• 2 Replies

Ozzy

What is a good match with Super Distortion?
« on: June 04, 2018, 04:45:08 AM »
Dear friends,

Hello and thank you in advance for having me here and your replies.

I have a Fender strat and i want to replace the pickups with single sized humbuckers from dimarzio.

I play all kind of classic rock, but mainly Beatles, Stones, Deep Purple, ACDC, Kiss, ZZ Top.

I guess i look for pickups which are good clean, little drive and wild with higher drive.

I want to have super distortion on the bridge. What goes well with it on the middle and neck positions?

My local distributor thinks the Cruiser on both positions, would you agree?

Thanks again,

Oz.

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
Re: What is a good match with Super Distortion?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 05:06:48 AM »
Hi Oz,

Welcome to the forums :)

I love the cruiser in the neck position but personally based on what you're looking for, I'd go with something like a Pro Track instead as it'll have more of that PAF vibe. You could pair that up with one of the Area pickups or the cruiser in the middle position to keep the strat sound.

Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What is a good match with Super Distortion?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 07:23:51 AM »
Depends on how you are going to use them. Just be aware that the Super Distortion will have much more output than the Cruisers.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b