DimarzioForum.Com > Guitar Lounge

Stratocaster tuning secret

<< < (2/7) > >>

oilpit:
Even thought I know that your trolling Echad and probably (hopefully) don't believe the crap that your saying, ignorance does piss me off.

For those who care about range of pitch, then yeah, floyds are better (Kahlers suck, hard)
For those who care about TONE, a regular vintage 6 screw trem is the way to go every time.

I would even be inclined to reverse your argument,

A big, ugly, tone sucking, clumsy, floyd (don't get me started on the locking nut) was outdated before it was invented, by proper care of your guitar. Also, EVH, Jimi Hendrix and David Gilmour would argue that "old fashioned" tremolos work just fine.

alfaromeo90:
Thanks WSX3, i didn't know that.  I rely a lot on graphite/graphtech nuts which help greatly.  Changes the tone a bit so unacceptable to some.  I wouldn't say the tone is worse, just different.

wxs3:

--- Quote from: alfaromeo90 on July 14, 2010, 06:36:53 PM ---Thanks WSX3, i didn't know that.  I rely a lot on graphite/graphtech nuts which help greatly.  Changes the tone a bit so unacceptable to some.  I wouldn't say the tone is worse, just different.

--- End quote ---

You're welcome.  Sharing information is a good thing.  Maybe Budd or City will sticky this for future reference.

damonstewart70:
Locking nuts do suck away lots of tone,anyone should be able to hear that.Notes just seem to RING TRUE without any locking mechanism at the nut,more VIBEration being transfered.That being said a whammy addict like myself absolutely love SPERZEL LOCKING TUNERS,FENDER BULLITS & GRAPHITE POWDER.Last time i played LIVE I put my guitar on the floor,stepped on the bar,yanked it up by the bar,all the circus stunts & never went out of tune.Seriously

JAMESDP100:
Has any one looked into the super vee trems? they're supposed to be better than floyds and Eric Johnson uses them so they must not
suck the tone. the installation is also non invasive and can be uninstalled with no signs it was even really there. I tried that Carl Verheyen trick awhile back didn't work, maybe my strings were too thick idk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version