HSS wiring help

• 3 Replies

Offline ledvedder

• View Profile
HSS wiring help
« on: February 27, 2021, 10:23:45 PM »
Hi guys, I'm trying to wire up my HSS strat with a Tone Zone S in the bridge. My question is, which wires are for the split, and which are hot and ground? Right now, I have the red as hot going to the 5 way, black and white together going to the 5 way for the split, and bare and green going to ground. I'm not sure if this is correct for the polarity in the 2nd position. I'm seeing several diagrams. Some have the black as hit, some have red as hot, some have green as hot.

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HSS wiring help
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 02:24:56 AM »
You have used the standard wiring for the DiMarzio humbuckers, which should be correct.

You did not say anything about the single coils you use. Therefore it is impossible to predict whether the combination of the split Tone Zone S and the middle sc will be humcancelling and in phase with each other. If you don't know anything about the scs you should try it as you have wired it now, and then if it hums or sounds weak and tinny we will take it from there.

Good luck,
Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline ledvedder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 07:42:39 AM »
The single coil pickups are from a MIM Stratocaster.

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 02:42:43 AM »
In that case your wiring should be correct.
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b