DiMarzioForum Pickups FAQ

• 74 Replies

Offline CityofBlindingLights

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
Re: DiMarzioForum Pickups FAQ
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2009, 10:55:00 AM »
Ohh BTW I think you should add that the custom JP neck pickup is has been changed to the Liquifire.

LiquiFire and Crunch Lab were released a day before I went on vacation, so I never had a chance to add them. Adding them now...

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2009, 08:15:41 PM »
EDITS: I've included the nice tidbit on how DiMarzio measures output.

Echad

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2009, 04:40:00 AM »
So, if...

ALL Pickups come with chrome polepieces as standard with the exception of the following:
DP102 - X2N (Black)
DP151 - PAF Pro (Black)
DP152 - Super 3 (Black)
DP158 - Evolution Neck (Black)
DP159 - Evolution Bridge (Black)
DP200 - Steve Morse Model Bridge (Black)
DP205 - Steve Morse Model Neck (Black)
DP215 - Evo 2 (Black)
DP221 - D Activator-X Neck (Black)
DP222 - D Activator-X Bridge (Black)
DP705 - X2N 7 (Black)

That means that the regular D Activators (DP219 and DP220) come with chrome polepieces by default. But the ones in the X-series Ibanez guitars have them in black:

So, if I want them to look like this, should I custom order them? Is it even available out of the US? I probably should email them about it.

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2009, 05:31:39 PM »
Yes, D Activators come standard with chrome polepieces. Usually, you should be able to order them from your local DiMarzio dealer, they should have them stock; if not, they'll be shipped overseas as a standard pickup, shouldn't be any upcharge.

Echad

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2009, 04:30:54 AM »
Yes, D Activators come standard with chrome polepieces. Usually, you should be able to order them from your local DiMarzio dealer, they should have them stock; if not, they'll be shipped overseas as a standard pickup, shouldn't be any upcharge.

You mean the black pole-pieced ones should be available stock? I need black ones, and it is said here about the $10 upcharge.

I have a DiMarzio dealer in my city, and I have e-mailed them about it... Probably will need to go to their office anyway. One of the guys working for them (not in their main office, and he was stupid anyway - didn't know what the X2N is and he sold ONLY DiMarzios) spoke about the upcharge for shipping (they didn't have ANY D Activators in stock), so I can just tell him to shut up - right?

If I have a dealer in my city, does that I mean I can order anything available - including the custom-order only pickups, like the X2N-B?

Thanks for all the answers.

Echad

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2009, 09:30:20 PM »
I got the answer from DiMarzio... Only that Google Mail put it in a Spam folder. >:(

So, as I finally noticed it, the difference in having to pay for a delivery, or not... Depends on me having a special order, or simply waiting for the distributor's regular purchase.

The extra charge for the change of polepiece color is about US$10 retail. If you are asking the DiMarzio distributor for Ukraine to arrange a special shipment for a special order, then you should expect to pay extra shipping costs. If you wait to have your order shipped together with your distributor’s next regular order (possibly 3-4 months) then there should be no extra shipping charge for a special order.

Posting it here for everyone to know. ;)

dvadneau

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2010, 04:05:59 PM »
Perhaps an update to the main post: I found a couple of pickups marked DiMarzio on the front but with H10 and H9. A Google search found an entry on the SD site stating the closest models are Breed bridge (H10) and Breed neck (H9).

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2010, 08:42:46 PM »
Perhaps an update to the main post: I found a couple of pickups marked DiMarzio on the front but with H10 and H9. A Google search found an entry on the SD site stating the closest models are Breed bridge (H10) and Breed neck (H9).

Can you back that up? Because if so then I'll put it in.

dvadneau

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2010, 10:09:47 PM »
I can only back up the claim about where I found the info. I don' t know about the validity of the info.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62945

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2010, 01:33:12 AM »
By back it up, I meant try e-mailing DiMarzio.

dvadneau

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2010, 03:33:09 PM »
Sorry, about that. I emailed them today. I'll post here when I've received an answer.

dvadneau

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2010, 02:28:14 PM »
Here is the response from DiMarzio (response on the weekend, no less!):

These are custom pickups we make for Fender. The H9 is fairly similar to an F-spaced Air Norton (DP193F) and the H10 is fairly similar to an F-spaced Tone Zone.

So, there ya go.

Wicked support.

• *Site Supporter*
  • THIS IS MADNESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2010, 02:21:51 PM »
Done, and done.

yungbzy

« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2010, 05:50:10 PM »
whats the difference between "metal" and "heavy metal" on the online dimarzio pickup picker?

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2010, 01:27:19 AM »
I believe the difference between metal and heavy metal is that 'heavy' refers to the more brutal sounding tones where the bottom end tends to be tight with very aggresive sounding mids. While 'metal' would likely refer to a slightly warmer type of 'metal' tone with big bottom end.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter