Super strat Super Distortion bridge (full bucker) super Distortion s in neck or chopper?

• 4 Replies

Offline wxs3

• Embrace the Madness, The Madness is Good
    • View Profile
Title says it all. Looking for a hot rod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My first aftermarket pickup was a Super Distortion back in the 70's.  I strayed and tried Rio Grandes, Duncans, and EMGs only to come back to Dimarzio.  Funny were life takes you.

Offline jazzfromhell

• View Profile
I've never tried the SD-s so my vote goes to the Chopper. One of the best neck pickups out there.

Offline wxs3

• Embrace the Madness, The Madness is Good
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reply.  I just noticed that this same post is waiting for approval, strange, but it may have been me sending it from my iphone, sorry guys.   :madness: :madness: :madness:

I thought about the chopper in the neck, but have concerns about clean tones, I've heard clip of the super s clean and it didnt sound that bad, but I'm on the fence.   :madness:  (Thanks Bud for keeping my madness icon!!  How old is it now?)
My first aftermarket pickup was a Super Distortion back in the 70's.  I strayed and tried Rio Grandes, Duncans, and EMGs only to come back to Dimarzio.  Funny were life takes you.

Offline jazzfromhell

• View Profile
I'd wager to say that the Chopper will be a way WAY better fit in the neck than the SD-S. Even better than the Chopper is the Satch Track, it's the best railbucker I've ever heard and I've tried all of em.

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I never used either one in the neck but out of the two mentioned by OP, definitely Chopper.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b