Strat Project! (DP-218s) bridge

• 2 Replies

Offline WESCUSTOMSHOP

• View Profile
Strat Project! (DP-218s) bridge
« on: March 02, 2016, 07:11:22 PM »
 8) I had a fellow employee give me a Squier Strat as a birthday gift the other day, that he purchased at the Hard Rock CafĂ©? Believe it or not this little guitar is real got great sustain, and I think it will be a great guitar when I'm done. Ok now for the question I picked up a Dp-218s on Ebay the other day really cheap and thought about going about making the change over to all humbuckers or at least humbuckers in the neck and bridge positions. My thoughts where to put a Pro Track in the neck and a SD Quarter pounder in the middle or put the Pro Track in the Bridge position and some form of a Quarter pounder in middle and neck? I really like the full tone almost P90-ish tone these pickups produce. I recently did some work for a collector that had me do some pickup changes on a 1977 Fender Tele. So I installed a Dp-421 and I was very impressed with the Dimarzio product and service. So here I am now looking to enhance one of my own personal Axe!
As far as keeping this Strat sounding like a Strat that does not play into what I am looking for. I have not played or owned any Strat's for some time and have been spending all my time working on and playing Les Paul or Prs's. This little Squier has me INTRIGUED with how well the strings transfer vibration! I can really feel it in my hands, that's why I'm wanting to turn it up a notch. Great Sustain! I have owned plenty in the past and none of them had anything close to this one. So I am open to other people idea's?
I would like to thank any one ahead of time for any help they can provide.
 8)  W.E.S

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
Re: Strat Project! (DP-218s) bridge
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 01:57:20 AM »
I would probably go with the Pro-Track in the bridge but that's because I like my bridge to have a thicker tone that I normally get out of humbuckers.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Strat Project! (DP-218s) bridge
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 11:51:54 AM »
I am familiar with the regular sized Super Distortion but not with the single coil sized equivalents but I am sure the DP 218 in the bridge will make for a killer hard rockin' guitar.

No experience with the Pro Track but going by specs it may sound a bit dark in the neck position. I would consider the Chopper instead - also for the middle.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b