5 way for Direct Mounting?

• 4 Replies

Offline Matt_B

• View Profile
5 way for Direct Mounting?
« on: October 06, 2015, 09:50:10 AM »
Hello folks, I'm finally getting ready finish a project I started a while ago and one of the things I need is a 5 way switch for 3 singles coils. I don't need any fancy wiring options but what I do need is a switch that will work with direct mounting to the body, not a pickguard. I also want to be able to use a cream switch tip, to match the cream pickup covers.

So far I've look at Dimarzio and Stew Mac options but I'm not sure which ones will work for this scenario. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 5 way for Direct Mounting?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 12:20:47 PM »
All of the regular switches work also direct mounted. It is just a matter of choosing long enough screws and/or route the slot or cavity for the switch deep enough.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline Matt_B

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 01:53:19 PM »
Cool, thanks.

I did notice that switches designed to replace those on Ibanezes had longer stems.

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 06:54:04 PM »
You can probably call a place like stewmac or allparts and see if they can walk you through some of the parts they carry for your application. Those websites can be hard to navigate some times with all the specs and options. I like to call, when possible, and it's kept me out of trouble on a few projects.
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline Matt_B

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 10:52:19 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

I ordered a Dimarzio EP1114 so I can get the wiring scheme I want. If that can't work with the body I'll roll with it. :)