• 36 Replies

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Wiring schematics and stuff
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2021, 03:11:45 AM »
I found it. It is on
www.guitarnuts2.com

But you will have to register there to view.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2021, 01:33:35 AM »
I found it. It is on
www.guitarnuts2.com

But you will have to register there to view.

Cheers Stephan

You sure that link works? I can't seem to get to GuitarNuts2.com do you mean the forums at:

http://guitarnuts2.proboards.com/ ?
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2021, 02:31:43 AM »
Yes, that is what I meant.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline kynave

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2021, 12:00:12 PM »
hi! im trying to convert an HH Ibanez AZ's alter switch to a Push/Push pot, with the same pickup selection capabilties. and replace the pickups with dimarzio Rainmaker and Dreamcatcher pickups. i don't know too much about wiring and such but can anyone help me out with how ill go about achieving this. will i need any different parts and etc. and a diagram will help greatly if can be done.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 12:01:52 PM by kynave »

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2021, 06:29:20 PM »
hi! im trying to convert an HH Ibanez AZ's alter switch to a Push/Push pot, with the same pickup selection capabilties. and replace the pickups with dimarzio Rainmaker and Dreamcatcher pickups. i don't know too much about wiring and such but can anyone help me out with how ill go about achieving this. will i need any different parts and etc. and a diagram will help greatly if can be done.

Swapping the Alter switch to a push/pull shouldn't be difficult it it's a standard SPDT switch (it's only got one set of three connectors). The push-pull pot will have two different sets of connectors. One for the rotary pot itself and a set of connectors on the side for the push-pull. Just match the wiring on the original alter switch to the connectors on the side of the push-pull pot. If you get a push-pull with 6 connectors, just use one side.

As for swapping out the pickups. You can just follow the original wiring but swap the red wire on the DiMarzio where the "hot" wire from the Duncan goes(typically the black wire)
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline kefka84

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2022, 08:11:46 AM »
Hello,
I would like to wire a HS3 like a true single coil, permanently, without mini-switch.

Could you please tell me if this is correct?

red > 3 way switch (hot)
black > volume pot (ground)
bare wire > volume pot (ground)
white > not connected, taped alone.
green > not connected, taped alone.

I'm not sure about the red and black, because on this diagram they are reversed.
https://d2emr0qhzqfj88.cloudfront.net/s3fs-public/diagrams/WDGM1_PAFPro_GreenMeanie_HSH_0.pdf

Thanks!  :D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 12:39:10 PM by kefka84 »

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2022, 03:49:02 AM »
That should be correct. If you only get a very weak signal, try green and white instead of red and black.