Hi Bud, long time, no see

• 4 Replies

Offline wxs3

• Embrace the Madness, The Madness is Good
    • View Profile
Hi Bud, long time, no see
« on: July 17, 2021, 11:18:14 AM »
Hi Bud!!
Been away for awhile, lots of changes.  Thought I'd stop by and see how everyone is.  I see you still have my "Madness" icon.  Nice to see I left something to be remembered by.  :madness: :madness: :madness: :madness: Anything new??

Old Timer
wxs3 (Walt)
My first aftermarket pickup was a Super Distortion back in the 70's.  I strayed and tried Rio Grandes, Duncans, and EMGs only to come back to Dimarzio.  Funny were life takes you.

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
Re: Hi Bud, long time, no see
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 02:56:55 PM »
Hi Walt!

Great to see you back! I wouldn't dream of getting rid of the madness icon. It's rather iconic here and wouldn't be the same without it!

New? Not much. Finally had the time to overhaul the backend of this place and give it a fresh coat of paint after I took some time off life after my second mini stroke. Hope you like how things look here! It's hard to believe we're almost 15years old! Glad to have you back man!

-Budd
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 02:48:34 AM »
Hi Walt,

Glad to have you back!

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline wxs3

• Embrace the Madness, The Madness is Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 12:08:14 PM »
Bud, Mini Stroke??  Hope you're recovering ok.  I have a little more free time now that I'm retired (key work is little).  I've had a total knee replacement and had rotator cuff surgery this past spring.  In physical therapy now, remodeling the house etc.  Will try to check in and contribute when I can. 

I resently completely rewired 2 of my strats with this:

https://madhatterguitarproducts.com/

Completely soderless and in some cases will double the selection of tones.  Pretty cool stuff.  I highly recommend them.
My first aftermarket pickup was a Super Distortion back in the 70's.  I strayed and tried Rio Grandes, Duncans, and EMGs only to come back to Dimarzio.  Funny were life takes you.

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 06:11:22 PM »
Yeah I'm doing ok. Looking forward to retiring in two years so I can be cool like you!

Thanks for sharing the link to the Mad Hatter stuff! This stuff looks pretty awesome! Which solderless system did you go with?
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter