Injector Bridge in neck position?

• 5 Replies

Offline Fender Doll

• View Profile
Injector Bridge in neck position?
« on: March 04, 2020, 08:32:25 PM »
Has anyone ever tried the Injector Bridge in the neck position? I ask because I was looking at the eq chart on Dimarzios website and it has a very similar eq chart to the HB 2 just a tad more bass, which is fine with me. I have a HB 2 in the neck position in one of my strats which tbh I do like but at times find myself wanting just a touch more output. I'm trying to retain the aesthetic of my strat to hence why I'm not going for a rails design.

Offline RayBarbeeMusic

• View Profile
Re: Injector Bridge in neck position?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 07:07:49 PM »
What is an hb2?

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 05:20:39 AM »
Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues 2 - DP 409.
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 08:30:08 AM »
Has anyone ever tried the Injector Bridge in the neck position? I ask because I was looking at the eq chart on Dimarzios website and it has a very similar eq chart to the HB 2 just a tad more bass, which is fine with me. I have a HB 2 in the neck position in one of my strats which tbh I do like but at times find myself wanting just a touch more output. I'm trying to retain the aesthetic of my strat to hence why I'm not going for a rails design.

grab one and try it out.  you can be the expert on the topic.

I will say that "neck" and "bridge" and "calibrated set" weren't really a 'thing' prior to marketing aftermarket pickups in a way to separate a guitar player from their money.  we pretty much all know the original Gibson PAFs were all wound to the same goal and whatever was picked out of the stack could end up in either position and resulted in the tones that people are chasing 60 years later.

so put what you want where you want it.... er... that might have come out wrong....  :o
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 12:30:59 PM »
I would say try it. If you like it, you can send me the HB2 (kiddin'). By far my favorite neck single.
If you're having one of those days where everyone is on your case and is just getting on your nerves, it's probably not everyone else

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 12:52:47 PM »
The Injector bridge would be the next step darker and more output than the Heavy Blues 2 so if the Heavy Blues 2 does not quite have enough it may be worth a try.
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b