New neck pickup with Crunch lab

• 8 Replies

Heiskanen

New neck pickup with Crunch lab
« on: October 20, 2015, 03:35:27 PM »
Hi Guys!

I got Ibanez rg2620 little while ago and its really nice guitar. It got dimarzio liquidfire and crunch lap pickups and i really like crunch lab in bridge. Nice ballsy rhythm sounds and on leads it really makes my Marshall 2203 screams. But with liquidfire i'm not as happy. For my liking it's too smooth and lacks some output compared to crunch lab. In my other ibanez i have Dimarzio/ibz and i really like the neck pickup. I like brightness and edge of it. Does anyone know how i would go with crunch lab. Or do you guys have any recommendations to replace the liquidfire?
-Heiskanen

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
Re: New neck pickup with Crunch lab
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 07:21:45 PM »
What neck models do you like?

And do you commonly go to the middle position?
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 03:46:26 AM »
I would consider the Breed neck.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline jazzfromhell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 06:04:34 AM »
Breed Neck is a good choice.
I'd also throw the D Activator Neck in there if you want something even hotter and brighter. If you wanna go for a total full shred thing the Super 2 is awesome.

Heiskanen

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 06:20:53 AM »

I'm not familiar with higher output neck pickups. Liquidfire and dimarzio/ibz are only ones i have played with and i have liked the dimarzio/ibz quite a lot.
i don't use middle position much but for cleaner sounds i like to use both pickups splitted.

Heiskanen

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 06:24:48 AM »
Breed Neck is a good choice.
I'd also throw the D Activator Neck in there if you want something even hotter and brighter. If you wanna go for a total full shred thing the Super 2 is awesome.

These sound interesting. I will check those out.
-Heiskanen

Offline jazzywolf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 06:51:27 AM »
Evo neck may be a good choice. It is loud and got a good high end...

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 12:12:02 PM »

I'm not familiar with higher output neck pickups. Liquidfire and dimarzio/ibz are only ones i have played with and i have liked the dimarzio/ibz quite a lot.
i don't use middle position much but for cleaner sounds i like to use both pickups splitted.

That opens it up a lot. Some people want that middle position sound and it means having a very very very good pairing

I am there with you on the LF. But I do like the Illuminator neck a lot. If you want something similar to the Illuminator but tighter, there is the Titan neck. For something more focused across the board there is the D Activator neck. If you want a ton out output and power and something on the heavy side, there is the Super 2.
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline slugworth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 03:51:04 PM »
Breed Neck is my first choice with the Crunch Lab. To me it is a perfect blend of vintage and modern, and it has a nice edge and bite that is missing from the Liquifire. I think you'll love it with the CL.
DIMARZIO MODELS CURRENTLY OR PREVIOUSLY OWNED: 68 TOTAL