Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pickup Place / Re: Henrik Danhage - New DiMarzio Signature pickups revealed
« Last post by JohnnyGtar on October 24, 2024, 08:33:25 PM »
Yes. He used to use the JB in the bridge with an Area 67 in the neck. Now he's all DiMarzio.
The Pickup Place / Re: Henrik Danhage - New DiMarzio Signature pickups revealed
« Last post by nienturi on October 24, 2024, 01:50:01 AM »
Wasn't he a Duncan JB user? :)
The Pickup Place / What are the differences between the HS-3 and the HS-2?
« Last post by JohnnyGtar on October 23, 2024, 11:38:46 PM »
Hello!

I've owned the HS-3 and HS-2 models, but not at the same time. How do they compare?
The Pickup Place / Re: My EVO2 Review
« Last post by nienturi on October 23, 2024, 07:24:55 AM »
Nice review.

Have you ever considered demoing the EVO Neck in the bridge position, possibly in an HSS configuration?

I did but since i didn't have evo neck, i couldn't tried yet. As far as i remember evo neck has 6H inductance which i tend to like around mid output humbuckers with 5,5-6,5 Henries so evo neck has a big potential for the bridge.
The Pickup Place / Re: My EVO2 Review
« Last post by gregr on October 22, 2024, 07:32:38 PM »
Nice review.

Have you ever considered demoing the EVO Neck in the bridge position, possibly in an HSS configuration?
The Pickup Place / My EVO2 Review
« Last post by nienturi on October 21, 2024, 07:27:38 AM »
Last friday i published EVO2 review.

https://www.tonejourney.com/post/dimarzio-evo2-review-dp215

I hope you like it
The Pickup Place / Re: Air Norton Bridge Position
« Last post by nienturi on October 02, 2024, 04:29:41 AM »
This week i re-reviewed Dimarzio Air Norton but this time on the neck.

https://www.tonejourney.com/post/dimarzio-air-norton-dp193-at-neck-review
The Pickup Place / Re: Dimarzio Super Distortion Review
« Last post by nienturi on September 30, 2024, 04:11:34 AM »
I tend to prefer the Tone Zone in most applications where I need more beef and output. But the Tone Zone can be picky about guitars. Same with the JB, even more so.

Totally agreed. Tone Zone gets strats and supersrats sound full and meaty. But if the guitar is already "full", it goes "too much". That's where Super Distortion makes perfection, if that's the case :)
The Pickup Place / Re: PAF pickups that are close in brightness to singles?
« Last post by LPBII on September 29, 2024, 10:29:14 PM »
Both Air Classics play well with singles.  They have the good kind of bright with good clarity. In my experience, the neck model was never muddy even in mahogany. They really work great with high gain amps, too.  The Bridge version has more real world output than the mv specs would lead you to believe. It can wail, but switching to middle and neck singles was not too big a jump in the typical setup. Once again you won't find better picking dynamics.

The 36th, both models, have a charming bell like chime rarely found in an off the shelf PAF clone, so they could also integrate well with singles tonally. The mids are clear but not empty.  The 36th bridge splits great.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10