DimarzioForum.Com > The Pickup Place

Pickups that have left you less than impressed?

<< < (2/15) > >>

Joey Voltage:
I'll go back and edit my post and put in more details of the definite hates and likes.  Some of it is because also that some of the qualities I hated or liked about each model might be different with me today because my playing (and the mechanics there of) had(s) drastically changed  between owning them.

Commander Chaos:
The TZ and Evolutions have never sounded remotely good to me. The worst of all though is the Duncan JB, It has got to be the thinnest sounding pup ive ever tried.

I'm off and on with the Paf Pro, some days it sounds awesome and others it sounds weird to me, could be the wah sound it has

KH Guitar Freak:
LOL! I've never really dislike any pickup out there really. However, I never liked those Seymour Duncan JBs. Too bright sounding, and just don't care for the overall tone. Also, not really a big fan of those Seymour Duncan '59s. A bit too mid scooped for my tastes...

eggman:
Howdy,

Less than impressed? Seymour Suncan '59s. The neck was boomy and the bridge too trebly; seemingly no mids.

tonejam:
Gotta agree with Mesa, thought the Cruiser neck would do wonders for Strat middle pickup. It's "OK".......but doesn't inspire. I'm now looking for a HS-2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version