DimarzioForum.Com > Gear Closet

Amp choices

<< < (3/4) > >>

MW-AB:
My journey may not be so exciting as some.
My first amps were various flavours of Fenders.
After a decade or two I began trying other things.
Marshall, Rivera, Boogie, Egnator, in that order.
Now, I feel I have arrived at home where I belong and my two main amps are Fender and Boogie and I don't envision that changing.

Mew:
I don't know why, but I adore H&K old ...... Statesman .... 50W head, with like, Fenderish clean and Marshallish crunch. Egnater Renegade is on similar level. Pretty similar amps. Same philosophy of design.

This two amps I would have if I wanted tour amps.

And in terms of cab, something like this is waaaaay tooo much awesome for me.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/blackstar_ht_212voc_mkii.htm

If I wanted to gig. I love cabs like this one.

Edit:

I did want Renegade in past. But it was way overpriced in my country.
So I ended up with some sort of JCM900 copy.
That John Frusciante cleanish funky sound, with Slash Marshall overdrive.
It was almost 50% of price of Egnater at the time.
And at the time, there was no that H&K for sale also. -.-

Lately I want to get 1x8 small combo. xD With few simple pedals.

Guitar74:
I had the 90s era H&K 412 with vintage 30s and swore that there was no other cabinet. I listened back to those days and still agree. Even though I have scaled the size down due to either smaller venues or me getting older, that 412 H&K cab sounded awesome at large club stage volumes.

HarlowTheFish:
H&K is really killing it with amps these days - stuff that sounds killer and is really practical for gigs. I have a Grandmeister Deluxe 40 and it's got that classic H&K thing (super bright all the time but cuts through a mix like nothing else), 40 watts (switchable to 20, 10, and 1 iirc), a power soak and DI out so you don't even need a cab, 4 channels plus a boost, pretty good reverb, delay, and modulation, and can work with MIDI presets (saved reverb, delay, boost, and modulation settings) or as a little pedalboard-type thing (4 channels on the footswitch plus toggles for the delay, modulation, and boost). 20ish lbs, too, so you can literally fit your amp, footswitch, and cables in a backpack and have a 2x12 in one hand and a guitar in the other (I use a DV Mark Neoclassic 2x12 which weighs in at 27lbs, so my entire rig is like 50lbs plus guitar). The Black Spirit 200 they dropped kinda recently has the same features but is solid state, is both smaller and lighter (the GM is pretty tiny too - a bit smaller than an AC15 head), and sounds killer.

Honestly like, if you gig or record on a more limited budget ($1500ish for the GM40D and $1000ish for the Black Spirit, plus $150 or so for the footswitch brand new - but you can get a GM for like $850 with the footswitch on Reverb) and need a bunch of different sounds, their stuff is kind of a no-brainer if you dig the vibe and response.

Guitar74:
I am really impressed with H&K. But then again, I always have been. I agree with the brightness. And like you said, it cuts through a mix. Even with the brightness, they still manage to sound full and fat. They really make some impressive stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version