DimarzioForum.Com > The Pickup Place

Input

(1/2) > >>

w2dodge:
Ibanez 1570...need bridge and neck recommendation...not using middle p.u...playing through a 75 Marshall super lead modded by D.Bray

greenlion:
Depends on what tones you are looking for.
Dimarzios seem to work well with Ibanez RG's.
I like the:
Crunch Lab / Liquifire set
Air Zone / Paf Pro set
Fred / Paf Joe set
Gravity Storm Set

w2dodge:

--- Quote from: greenlion on March 16, 2024, 09:17:45 PM ---Depends on what tones you are looking for.
Dimarzios seem to work well with Ibanez RG's.
I like the:
Crunch Lab / Liquifire set
Air Zone / Paf Pro set
Fred / Paf Joe set
Gravity Storm Set

--- End quote ---
Have a Tone Zone and PAF PRO...Sound a little muddy,no saturation,and a little dull...like to brighten it up hair..and some sustain..

darkbluemurder:
If the PAF Pro is muddy then PAF Joe would be a step up in brightness. So would be the Humbucker From Hell but that one has way more bass than the chart would indicate. Personally I like the Bluesbucker.

For the bridge, almost anything from DiMarzio will be less bass / low mid heavy than the Tone Zone. If you do not need high output, Mo Joe is worth considering. For higher output, Transition bridge is great. I love it in my PRS S2 Standard 24 but that is a rather dark sounding guitar to begin with. If your guitar is on the brighter end, then it may be too bright. In that case, Air Zone, AT-1 or Dominion could work well.

Good luck,
Stephan

Ampli_Fuzz:
You might look into using a tubescreamer-style pedal as a booster, as that would remedy the "little muddy,no saturation,and a little dull" problem nicely. TZ and PAF Pro are a great combo already, I don't know if you can get what you want out of a modded Marshall just by changing pickups.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version