Early birthday present

• 4 Replies

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
Early birthday present
« on: February 25, 2021, 11:44:45 AM »
So last night my brother in law calls and asks if we are busy as the family went to his wife's parent's house for the evening. I tell him to come over and hang with us. He show up and gives my wife a bunch on candles, and then hands me a Sweetwater box from the bottom and tells me, "I got this over a month ago for your birthday and couldn't wait so enjoy." I open it up and there it is; a Boss SY-1. We must have noodled around with that pedal for 3 hrs. At one point my wife walked in and asks if that was me that just played the organ solo from Highway Star. I just grinned and told her THAT was why I married her.

Anyhow, very enjoyable night with a new toy and good company. That pedal is amazing, by the way. I couldn't stop thanking Donnie. That was a very unexpected gift that's also pretty expensive. If it had sucked, I still would have appreciated it.
If you're having one of those days where everyone is on your case and is just getting on your nerves, it's probably not everyone else

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Early birthday present
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 02:47:57 AM »
Very cool story, thanks for sharing, and enjoy!
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 11:02:40 AM »
I am doing some recording with it this weekend.
If you're having one of those days where everyone is on your case and is just getting on your nerves, it's probably not everyone else

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 10:09:58 AM »
That's an awesome gift!
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline chad25