Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
New DiMarzio Black Angel
« on: May 04, 2015, 01:07:57 PM »
I just got this press release from the folks at DiMarzio. I figured I'd share. I'm not much of an acoustic player myself but it's nice to see that DiMarzio is catering to the acoustic players as much as they are the electric players.

###

DiMARZIO RELEASES THE BLACK ANGEL™ ACOUSTIC SOUNDHOLE PICKUP

Staten Island, N.Y., May 4, 2015 – Responding to requests, DiMarzio, Inc. announces the release of The Black Angel™, a new passive magnetic soundhole pickup for acoustic guitars.

In keeping with its name, The Black Angel™ is matte black in color. Like The Angel™, The Black Angel™ “hears” the entire range of the acoustic guitar from top to bottom, with no gaps anywhere. Its “feel” is just as important. The Black Angel™ tracks right- and left-hand dynamics and responds immediately to the sound coming off the string.

The Black Angel™ is quiet, and although it’s magnetic, it doesn’t sound electric — there’s no hum and no battery. Both coils are on a parallel axis to the strings, featuring a humbucking magnetic circuit that is acoustically isolated to reduce unwanted finger and pick noises. Players who like to mix two or more pickups together will appreciate the built-in phase switch makingThe Black Angel™ ideal for use in any dual or multi source system, and it can be easily combined with any piezo or microphone.

The Black Angel™ installs easily and quickly in the soundhole with no modification to your guitar, and it fits soundholes of 3-1⁄2 inches (89 mm) and larger. The 2-1⁄16 “E”-to-“E” string spacing on The Black Angel™ easily accommodates guitar nut dimensions ranging from 1-11⁄16 to 1- 3⁄4 inches.

Both a 1⁄8-inch to 1⁄4-inch Switchcraft endpin jack (install version) and a quick mount 10-foot cable (standard phone jack) are included with The Black Angel™.

DiMarzio’s The Black Angel™ acoustic pickups are made in the U.S.A., and may now be ordered for immediate delivery. Suggested List Price is $229.99. For more information about The Black Angel™ pickup, please visit our website at www.dimarzio.com.

###
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter