Re: Air Zone...Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2021, 07:14:09 PM »
On a super switch you might want to consider:

1) Bridge Series
2) Bridge + Neck both split
3) Bridge Series + Neck series
4) Neck parallel
5) Neck. 

Keeps you noiseless in all positions, gives you the very useful both buckers on postion, and still a couple stratty sounds.

Or, you can purchase a ibanez 5 way switch that they use in their HH rgs and such.

It does the same as above, but without the complexity of a super switch. 

This wiring is tits too!
Inner coils parallel is very stratty
Neck parallel is also very single coil sounding too.

I like this setup with higher output pickups.  The air norton s works well in this case.  Fat in series and surprisingly good in parallel.

Offline greenlion

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2021, 08:28:56 PM »
I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing that the reason people mentioned wood species in conjunction with pickups in this thread was because that is exactly what the person who started the topic asked about...

Offline JohnnyGtar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2021, 06:00:25 PM »
Around 20 years ago, Steve Blucher sent me an Air Zone and an Air Norton for my Peavey Wolfgang. (The Wolfgang with the carved maple top) That guitar sounded amazing after I installed those pickups.
Area 58, Area 61, Area 67, HS-2, HS-3, Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues, Fast Track 1, Air Classic neck, Air Norton, Air Zone, Al DiMeola bridge, Bluesbucker, Breed neck, Double Whammy, EVO 2, Evolution neck, Evolution bridge, FRED, MegaDrive, Norton, Super2, Super 3, Super Distortion, Tone Zone, X2N

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2021, 02:41:03 PM »
I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing that the reason people mentioned wood species in conjunction with pickups in this thread was because that is exactly what the person who started the topic asked about...

Possibly. Although different woods do alter the characteristics of the pickup a bit so it's not uncommon to see folks talk wood and pickups together. It's far from the full picture as pedals and amps also affect the final tone.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2021, 02:41:41 PM »
Around 20 years ago, Steve Blucher sent me an Air Zone and an Air Norton for my Peavey Wolfgang. (The Wolfgang with the carved maple top) That guitar sounded amazing after I installed those pickups.

I actually really like the arched top Peavey Wolfgang guitars! I wish they were still around.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter