New Pickups!

• 4 Replies

Offline Rabelais

• View Profile
New Pickups!
« on: July 20, 2020, 02:03:30 PM »
I just dropped them in my PRS SE. Very nice. Very low output, but sweet sounding and dynamic, with a bit of single coil vibe. They seem to like my Green Russian style pedal :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 02:07:17 PM by Rabelais »

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
Re: New Pickups!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 12:22:38 PM »
I am thinking about the exact same combo in one of my axes. To tell you the truth, I have been gravitating more towards lower output humbuckers and single coils (noise cancelling). I don't see the point in hitting the front end of most amps these days as they seem to have enough distortion gain. Glad you are enjoying them.
If you're having one of those days where everyone is on your case and is just getting on your nerves, it's probably not everyone else

Offline Rabelais

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 05:43:35 PM »
I am thinking about the exact same combo in one of my axes. To tell you the truth, I have been gravitating more towards lower output humbuckers and single coils (noise cancelling). I don't see the point in hitting the front end of most amps these days as they seem to have enough distortion gain. Glad you are enjoying them.

Thank you. It was sort of an "accident". I purchased the DP103 thinking it was the DP223. I realized this "mistake" when I brought my guitar home, but it was a fortunate one. The DP103 and the DP190 are so sweet and clear. They actually have pretty good sustain, since their magnetic field is weak. And like you said, with tooday´s amps and pedals, the only reason to install high output pups is that you actually like the voice of such pickups.

Offline Aceman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 11:12:43 AM »
What do you play?  Style & amp.

No need for mega pups these days unless you like the EQ curve.  every amp I own will do over-the-top dirt.  Low output usually means greater articulation/definition without going mushy.

Offline Rabelais

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 11:32:52 AM »
What do you play?  Style & amp.

No need for mega pups these days unless you like the EQ curve.  every amp I own will do over-the-top dirt.  Low output usually means greater articulation/definition without going mushy.

I use a small 5 watt Laney Cub 8, which is too loud for home use. I get distortion from either a Rat pedal or a TS9 stacked into a Green Russian Muff clone. I' m mostly into classic rock now.