DimarzioForum.Com > Everything you wanted to know about ....

Humbucker From Hell

<< < (9/9)

RayBarbeeMusic:

Would sound single coil like IMO if you dial in a bright tone, and then pick and strum harder
[/quote]

The high end might, but it would still lack the tight low end.

There are much better options if a single coil ish bucker is what you're after.  Hfh is a really old design, would like to see dimarzio take another crack at it.

Ayrton:
The HFH is by far my favorite neck DiMarzio. Works very well in the neck of a vintage style Telecaster.

darkbluemurder:
Overall it definitely does not sound like a single coil - way too much bottom end. To me it sounds like a PAF with an extended treble and high end (which is fine btw), and that extended high end may be what some perceive as "single coil tone".

Cheers Stephan

mmmguitar:

--- Quote from: darkbluemurder on July 01, 2022, 05:54:25 AM ---Overall it definitely does not sound like a single coil - way too much bottom end. To me it sounds like a PAF with an extended treble and high end (which is fine btw), and that extended high end may be what some perceive as "single coil tone".

--- End quote ---

I had a similar impression of the EJ Custom. I get that EJ asked Steve to wind a PAF-style HB that would make his Les Paul sound like a Gretsch but it, the HFH, and Bluesbucker each have their own vibe, rather than sounding like facsimiles of a Filtertron, hot single coil, or P90 (as the marketing dept has variously claimed over the years).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version