All right - lets get this party started!

• 5 Replies

Offline Aceman

• View Profile
All right - lets get this party started!
« on: July 04, 2020, 10:02:24 AM »
There has to be more fun loving DiMarzio owners out there!!!!

Darth - get in here!

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
Re: All right - lets get this party started!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 12:21:01 PM »
Looks like I didn't even make the "after party" party.
If you're having one of those days where everyone is on your case and is just getting on your nerves, it's probably not everyone else

Offline Aceman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 03:21:34 PM »
Welcome.  Or welcome back.  Or whatever is appropriate.

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 12:32:21 PM »
Alright. Let's see. I am primarily a two brand guy (Seymour and DiMarzio). What have I used at different times? Paf Pro, Hs3, Tone Zone, X2N, Super D, VVHB2 (which after installing in 1 guitar is now my go to stacked single).

Between Seymour and DiMarzio, I see no need to go anywhere else. It just makes life easier.
If you're having one of those days where everyone is on your case and is just getting on your nerves, it's probably not everyone else

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 05:52:55 PM »
While I do love testing out virtually every pickup I can get my hands on, I do tend to come back to DiMarzio's for some reason.
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Offline Guitar74

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 03:39:01 PM »
I started my "modding" with DiMarzio, went Duncan, then realized that both brands had things in their catalogs that I could use. Back in my Metal days it was X2Ns and hs3s in my HSS super strats (you not only had to play with pickup heights but use quite a bit of compression to get those two even remotely close to the same volume). Eventually, since I used rack gear at the time, I just made my clean presets louder to compensate for the clean stuff that and using the 2 position between the x2n and middle hs3. Heavily distorted, gong to the neck hs3 didn't seem to drop very dramatically. If only they had the injector or vvhb2 back then, and I had realized that with that much preamp, there was no need for that much pickup.