Suggestion: Pckups for Silhouette 20th anniversary

• 0 Replies

Offline andrew.wk

• View Profile
Suggestion: Pckups for Silhouette 20th anniversary
« on: August 13, 2016, 06:10:59 AM »
Hi all,
nice to be here, first of all sorry for my english.
I have bought a Silhouette 20th anniversary use, amazing guitar but without her original pups. The original couple is a DiMarzio custom set not available on market so i think to replace the actual no name pickup with a couple of DiMarzio.
I need something that can allow me to have bright tones when is splitted for funky stuff until something very defined and massive when i need to do heavy stuff.
So for give to you a crazy description something that permit me to have Frusciante, Gilmour and Petrucci in the same guitar. Obviously not the same exactly tone but something that permit to me to work the most of the time with one only instrument.
At the beginning i put my eyes on a couple of Illuminator, but without the possibility to try it on and some bad feedback about the compression of this couple i do one step beyond for take time and ask for suggestion.
An other question is, anone knows if on the silo 20th the pups are "regular" or "f-spaced".
For the pot actually there's one of the original and one split pot cts. All good or I need to replace him too?

Thanks to all and sorry for my lack of information.