AT-1 + ???

• 3 Replies

Slick

AT-1 + ???
« on: September 23, 2015, 11:36:21 AM »
Hey guys,

I've recently purchased the AT-1 + Cruiser Bridge + Cruiser Bridge combo for my Fender Strat, in order to get it to sound a bit like Andy Timmons' Ibanez signature.  What I didn't know is that the cruisers in my neck and mid positions are way too quiet to be paired with the AT-1 and I'm not sure how Andy copes with that. Maybe he purposely wants them to sound that much quieter than his bridge Humbucker?

Anyway, is there a pair of similar single coil blade humbuckers that I might use instead of the cruiser bridge models to get the volume gap in check?

Offline jazzfromhell

• View Profile
Re: AT-1 + ???
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 05:32:42 PM »
Chopper or Satch Track will both work very well.

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 07:31:30 AM »
I noticed the very same thing when I tried the AT-100 guitar. Injector neck would have a bit more output.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline jazzfromhell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 12:48:08 PM »
I noticed the very same thing when I tried the AT-100 guitar. Injector neck would have a bit more output.

Cheers Stephan
Yup, but still not enough IMO. Had those two paired up until very recently. The volume/gain difference drove me nuts. Sometimes that is what you want but this time I didn't. Chopper or Satch Track is a much better match.