FS: Vintage DiMarzio PAF & Super Distortion Set (Mid 70s Square Tab) Pickups

• 1 Replies

Offline slim_blues_boy

• View Profile
for sale:
Vintage DiMarzio PAF & Super Distortion Set (Mid 70s Square Tab) Humbucker Pickups => SOLD

last set from my personal collections. (sold few of these in last few weeks on ebay and reverb)

early DiMarzio PAF double cream pickup, known for its square tabs.
DiMarzio PAF for neck position, and Super Distortion for bridge. perfect all-around combination to cover any kind of sounds, especially for those lovely classic-rock sounds from 70s-80s.

while the PAF was long discontinued and replaced by newer PAF like 36th PAF Anniversary and PAF Masters, the Super Distortion still available, BUT they just don't make these pickups like the old days.

I like the old PAF better than 36th Anniversary PAF, they somehow more sweet for me (haven't tried PAF Masters, so can't comment about that).
and many people considered this early square tabs Super Distortions sounds different than today production of DP100 Super Distortion.
I've compared this early square tabs with the newer one, and I tend to agree with that.
the older one sounds a little bit warmer, less harsh top, which make the older one sounds better for me

the pickup is in quite good condition considering its age (almost 40 years! DiMarzio started to use 2-conductor wire for phase switching somewhere around 1976 and square tabs ended around 1980, so these pickups came from 1976-1980).
nice cream color bobbin, already been a little bit yellowish, or people usually called it, vintage cream.
the PAF still have long original wire around 12", while the Super Distortion has 7" left wire (still enough for any bridge position).
you can see DC resistance reading on the photo I provided (result might be vary a little bit, depending on the meters, temperature, etc).

I will ship the pickup from Indonesia, using registered airmail (you can trace it online on local Post Indonesia website).
usually it will take from 2 to 4 weeks time to arrive on its destination (depending on postal traffic, weather condition, customs clearance, etc).
if you want a faster shipping time, we can use Express Mail Service (EMS), it's a little bit expensive, cost for every country is different.
for US destination please add $15 for use of EMS.

ask me if you have any question.
as is, no return.

I also listed this pickup on eBay (same id name slim_blues_boy) and Reverb. cheaper price if you buy from here since I don't have to pay that hefty fee.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 01:02:08 AM by slim_blues_boy »

Offline slim_blues_boy

• View Profile
photos of the pickups