NPD fit EMG85/81 in my Kramer 210

• 16 Replies

Offline greekdude

• View Profile
Re: NPD fit EMG85/81 in my Kramer 210
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 06:40:55 AM »
In a H/H guitar, I quite like the 81/81 combo in three of my other guitars. However, I also do own an EBMM Luke BFR with 85/SLV/SLV, and a limited edition Luke True Gold with 85X/SLVX/SLVX, and also a Valley Arts guitar with 85/SAV/SAV. They are sound great. Again, never had any hums issues ever

have you guys ever tried to do some noise tests under high gain and with ambient low freq magn field of 0.4uT or over? Do this and you will see how noisy the EMG 81 is.

Offline KH Guitar Freak

• View Profile
Re: NPD fit EMG85/81 in my Kramer 210
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 10:55:55 AM »
In a H/H guitar, I quite like the 81/81 combo in three of my other guitars. However, I also do own an EBMM Luke BFR with 85/SLV/SLV, and a limited edition Luke True Gold with 85X/SLVX/SLVX, and also a Valley Arts guitar with 85/SAV/SAV. They are sound great. Again, never had any hums issues ever

have you guys ever tried to do some noise tests under high gain and with ambient low freq magn field of 0.4uT or over? Do this and you will see how noisy the EMG 81 is.

High gain, yes, definitely. Probably never in that ambient low frequency magnetic field thing you've mentioned. Again, I'm not saying what you are experiencing isn't true, I'm just mentioning my own experiences so far. Just clarifying on the matter