Schematic Help Needed

• 4 Replies

Offline CygnusX1

• View Profile
Schematic Help Needed
« on: July 25, 2016, 11:02:35 PM »
Guys...

I asked DiMarzio to send me a schematic to have one push/pull for the out of phase option. This is what they sent me.
My Les Paul is wired 1950's.

It still confuses me. It says at the bottom to solder the black and white wires together and tape. Yet, it shows the black and white wires being attached to the push/pull switch on the neck, tone pot.

What gives?   ....thank you!

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:11:51 PM by CygnusX1 »

Offline idsnowdog

• Imperator of Indignation
    • View Profile
Re: Schematic Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 09:41:01 PM »
Do you want the pickup to be out of phase with itself or with other pickups?  That almost looks like it puts the pickup out of phase with itself.

Offline CygnusX1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 06:54:18 PM »
I want the neck pup to be out of phase with the bridge pup when
the knob is pulled out.

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 04:59:59 AM »
The confusion probably comes from the following:

The diagram for reversing the phase assumes that you have a pickup with a white (which normally goes to hot) and a black (which normally goes to ground) wire. Instead of wiring these as usual you wire them to the switch as shown in the diagram.

However, if you have a four conductor pickup from DiMarzio, the normal hot and ground connections are red and green, and black + white get soldered together and taped. So if you have a four conductor humbucker you take the diagram for the phase reversal and put the red wire where the white wire is shown, the green wire where the black wire is shown, and solder black+white together and tape them in order to prevent them from making a connection where they should not.

The note should have only stated that the black and white wires for the bridge pickup should be soldered and taped.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline CygnusX1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 06:50:05 PM »
Thank you, Darkblue. You helped me out a lot. Much appreciated!  :)