DiMarzio Custom Shop pricing?

• 6 Replies

Offline slim_blues_boy

• View Profile
DiMarzio Custom Shop pricing?
« on: April 17, 2016, 12:51:07 AM »
anyone know pricing for discontinued models that still available from the custom shop?

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
Re: DiMarzio Custom Shop pricing?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 11:36:16 AM »
Last time I ordered a VHPAF is was $69.99

But it might depend on the model. Might be best to call the office and ask.
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline slim_blues_boy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 01:00:02 PM »

wow, that's quite cheap, I thought everything with "custom shop" tags would be expensive.
I also didn't know VHPAF can be ordered from the custom shop. if I knew, I'd rather ordered it than wait a long time on ebay only to won it with similar price.

well I've been looking for Rick Derringer bridge model DP204 to matched the neck model I already have.
and I started to thinking that perhaps it's better to ordered it from the custom shop since I've been searching for quite time with no luck so far.
but I was afraid with the price hence I asked it first in here.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:06:36 PM by slim_blues_boy »

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 10:49:32 PM »

wow, that's quite cheap, I thought everything with "custom shop" tags would be expensive.
I also didn't know VHPAF can be ordered from the custom shop. if I knew, I'd rather ordered it than wait a long time on ebay only to won it with similar price.

That was the last time I ordered one. I went to order more and where they previously said they had standard spaced ones still sitting around, they then said there were no more. And something about not having the materials to make more of that model.

Offline Matt_B

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 11:19:46 PM »
To be clear there is no Dimarzio custom shop. They ave some cosmetic options but that's it. After that either they offer a model or they don't. Want a VHPAF? Can't order one. Want a different different magnet? No dice. If the pickup is discontinued you can't order.

Duncan has a custom shop. They'll wind you what you want, let you pick the magnet, etc.

Offline RayBarbeeMusic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 12:14:34 PM »
To be clear there is no Dimarzio custom shop. They ave some cosmetic options but that's it. After that either they offer a model or they don't. Want a VHPAF? Can't order one. Want a different different magnet? No dice. If the pickup is discontinued you can't order.

Duncan has a custom shop. They'll wind you what you want, let you pick the magnet, etc.

Not really true.  DiMarzio will make some discontinued models on request.  They will not, however change specs.  Duncan does have a custom shop, and they'll make you a lot of things, albeit at 2-3 times the cost of their general offerings.  Getting them on the phone is not worth the trouble, unless you like to make multiple phone calls, wait on hold 20 minutes, then be sent to an answering machine that no one will bother to return any message from.

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 03:02:31 PM »

Not really true.  DiMarzio will make some discontinued models on request.  They will not, however change specs.  Duncan does have a custom shop, and they'll make you a lot of things, albeit at 2-3 times the cost of their general offerings.  Getting them on the phone is not worth the trouble, unless you like to make multiple phone calls, wait on hold 20 minutes, then be sent to an answering machine that no one will bother to return any message from.

^^^ this ^^^

Although I've only had issues getting SD tech support in the line. Seldom had problems getting MJ on the line...although the I'm aware experiences do differ.