Anyone have any experience with a Super Distortion wired in parallel?

• 2 Replies

Offline wxs3

• Embrace the Madness, The Madness is Good
    • View Profile
I guys, I'm back from the dead (little Halloween humor)!!  I'm over hauling my guitars again with a full size super distortion and a pair of super distortion s (different guitars) and was curious if anyone has wired them in parallel and what their results were.  I'm also glad to see my "Madness" icon is still here!!    :madness: :madness: :madness: :madness: :madness: :madness: :madness: :madness: :madness: :madness: :madness:
My first aftermarket pickup was a Super Distortion back in the 70's.  I strayed and tried Rio Grandes, Duncans, and EMGs only to come back to Dimarzio.  Funny were life takes you.

Offline wxs3

• Embrace the Madness, The Madness is Good
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have any experience with a Super Distortion wired in parallel?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 10:19:40 AM »
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 02:00:35 PM by wxs3 »
My first aftermarket pickup was a Super Distortion back in the 70's.  I strayed and tried Rio Grandes, Duncans, and EMGs only to come back to Dimarzio.  Funny were life takes you.

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have any experience with a Super Distortion wired in parallel?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 04:25:12 AM »
I had one installed in a 24 fret guitar in the neck position which was wired in parallel. I found it too bright that way so I added a small capacitor to ground. Volume and tone pots were 500k each.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b