Roadhouse Deluxe Stratocaster

• 2 Replies

FireBall

Roadhouse Deluxe Stratocaster
« on: June 14, 2015, 08:51:08 PM »
Hello.  I need some advice about changing the bridge pickup on my Roadhouse Deluxe Stratocaster.  The band I play in covers a lot of music from new country, Southern rock and rock.  I am normally a HB person..  With my favourite pickups being a Super Distortion, Super 3, Tone Zone.  I love my strat..  Buy I miss my HB in the bridge..  This Stratocaster has the onboard preamp with V6 rotary switch loaded with the Texas Special pickups. So my question is,  what would be a good bridge pickup choice that may work with the neck and middle TS pickups..  But give me more of my HB cravings?  Also,  will any other pickups work with the V6 preamp outfit as well.   I actually tried a Fast Track 1.. But it didn't have the output of the TS pickup.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 08:49:39 AM by FireBall »

FireBall

Re: Roadhouse Deluxe Stratocaster
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 10:31:08 AM »
Being a impatient person and running across a Fast Track 2 for $45 on eBay.. I am going to give it a try. I have always been fond of the Super 3, so I am curious about this pickup. I'm just not sure about using this with the onboard preamp, the preamp does not boost a incredible amount, but adds some punch, but it will also make the current pickups twangy also. I still have a Charvel Model 4 with the preamp/boost that works well with passive pickups.. So, got my fingers crossed on this.  :madness:

FireBall

Re: Roadhouse Deluxe Stratocaster
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 04:18:44 AM »
Update:

I hope this info may help someone that has a Roadhouse Deluxe Strat with the Texas Special pickups along with the V6 rotary / preamp system. 

I received my Fast Track 2 on Wednesday and immediately installed it.  I had no complications with the install. The pickup worked great with the V6 preamp system. The pickup marries well with the neck and middle Texas special pickup.  I really like the sound of the pickup on passive with the preamp inactive. It does remind me of my Dimarzio Super 3.  This is the cool thing, activate the onboard preamp and you get just a little more fullness out of the pickup, but also, turn the V6 knob to the first setting and it thins up the pickup, as you turn through from position 1 to 6.. it gets fuller and has more punch it seems.  So, I am very happy with this installation. I also received the crème pickup cover that matches my original Fender pickups to a T. 

Hope this info will help someone.