Neck Single to match Illuminator bridge

• 4 Replies

Offline jbandy10

• View Profile
Neck Single to match Illuminator bridge
« on: June 12, 2017, 11:32:32 PM »
I want a powerful neck pickup in my HS guitar to match the Illuminator I'm about to put in the bridge. Not really sure what to get. Pro track? Air Norton S?

I've had a regular air norton. It sounded too boomy to me. Too tubular and rounded.

Offline Gavron

• View Profile
Re: Neck Single to match Illuminator bridge
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:32:54 AM »
Injector Neck defenitely. Pls try wiring connection like this. Bridge, Bridge paralell, Both, Bridge north coil (slug) paralell to top coil of injector, neck. Very versatile IMO...and NO...output difference won't be a problem. Incector is very dynamic pickup with weak magnetic field, so you can set it quite close to the strings.

Offline jazzfromhell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 10:55:34 AM »
It depends on how much power you want in the neck. I really like the pickups to feel the same; I hate when it feels like you cut the gain in half when you switch to the neck pickup. I'd go for something like the Chopper or Satch Track.

Air Norton S is a mudbomb, totally unuseable for me but then I like fairly bright pickups. Pro Track is way better but still a bit dark.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:59:22 AM by jazzfromhell »

Offline Strat_O_Holic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 08:46:10 PM »
I haven't posted here much but I have gotten great results with a Virtual Solo in the neck with a high power bridge pickup. Very sweet sounding and it has the power to match well in terms of gain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 12:17:55 PM »
In my strat I have tried both the Injector neck and the Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues 2 in the neck position and preferred the Heavy Blues for its fatter tone, though the Injector neck was very good, too. It is now in the middle position. Both together sound great as well.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b