Should I be Concerned?

• 4 Replies

Offline CygnusX1

• View Profile
Should I be Concerned?
« on: October 25, 2016, 03:21:04 PM »
I received my 36th Anniversary pup yesterday.

When I opened the case I discovered two things. First, there was no allen key stuck to the back.
Not really a big deal, but then I noticed that the serial number on the warranty card did not
match the number on the back of the pickup.

Is this an issue?

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Should I be Concerned?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 04:23:56 AM »
The serial number mismatch - potentially yes, since the serial number and warranty card are used as proof that the pickup was delivered through the legitimate distribution channel. I would seek clarification from DiMarzio and/or the dealer.

Practically - I have never had a pickup fail on me unduly.

The missing allen key would not be a problem for me as I have amassed quite a few allen keys over the years - one of them will definitely fit.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline Matt_B

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 06:31:27 AM »
I've bought about 2 dozen Dimarzio PAFs and never received an Allen wrench with one because they don't need them due to their flathead pole pieces.

Offline RayBarbeeMusic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 10:44:14 AM »
I've bought about 2 dozen Dimarzio PAFs and never received an Allen wrench with one because they don't need them due to their flathead pole pieces.

That.  Why would you need an allen key with fillister screws?

Offline CygnusX1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 11:13:49 AM »
That was pointed out to me in another forum! I feel like an idiot! lol

Every DiMarzio I have ever owned has had hex poles and came with the key stuck to
the back of the pup. When this one didn't it was the first thing I noticed.
But, yes...it doesn't need one so why would they send one! lol

The Warranty number still bugs me, but I'll make them take notice and they say it's ok and will back me up in case of problems I'll keep the pup.