Help wiring hss with dpdt

• 4 Replies

Offline vaisteve

• View Profile
Help wiring hss with dpdt
« on: November 01, 2020, 02:50:42 PM »
Hi!! I currently buyed a dark matter humbucker and 2 area 61 and a 2 way on/on dpdt 1 volume 1 tone 5 way switch . I need help to wire for series parallel...Can't find any diagram!!...Thanks!

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help wiring hss with dpdt
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 03:30:30 AM »
Hi,

what combinations do you exactly want?

Do you want Neck, Neck+Middle, Middle, Middle+Bridge, Bridge and the option to put the Bridge in parallel? Then it would be easiest to take a strat diagram and combine it with a push-pull diagram to put the humbucker in series or parallel mode.

Or do you want to switch two pickups in series instead of the regular parallel operation?

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline vaisteve

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 12:48:24 PM »
Thanks I was thinking and the easy way is to have normal hss ( bridge hb)/(bridge hb +middle)/ (middle)/ (middle+ neck)/ (neck) and with dpdt switch split the bridge to have ( bridge sc)/ (bridge sc +middle)/ (middle)/ (bridge sc+ neck)/ (neck) ...!!!

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 02:33:19 AM »
Yes, that would be pretty straight forward - take a strat wiring of your choice and add the Dpdt split switch to the humbucker.

If you have two tone controls, I would use one for neck and middle and one for the bridge pickup. That would also allow you to choose different tone caps for the singles and the humbucker which I personally find very useful.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline vaisteve

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 04:11:20 AM »
Thanks