Need help selecting a Virtual combo for my Godin Artisan ST

• 0 Replies

Offline colejustesen

• View Profile
Need help selecting a Virtual combo for my Godin Artisan ST
« on: April 01, 2017, 06:32:00 PM »
I have had this amazing guitar for over a year, it sounds great and plays even better.  It is really lively and resonates like crazy, not to mention it is quite stunning.  The stock Godin single coil sized humbuckers are kind glassy, but a bit scooped sounding.  While this sounds good, I would love to get a new set of pickups to give me that 80s metal Strat sound, but still retaining some Strat character.  I have a Jackson Stars Soloist for the 80s Super Strat sound, so I would prefer to stay away from the humbucker character with my Godin.  This guitar's body is made of two densities of maple, with a maple neck and an ebony fretboard.

This is my actual guitar:

I have looked at numerous pickups from numerous makers, and I feel pretty confident that I want to put a Virtual Solo (DP420) in the bridge.  But I am not sure what to do with the middle and neck positions.  I was thinking one of these three combinations:

B/M/N
Virtual Solo/Heavy Blues 2/Virtual Blues
Virtual Solo/Virtual Blues/Heavy Blues 2
Virtual Solo/Virtual Blues/Virtual Blues

Could you guys point me in the right direction?  I have multiple amps - H&K TriAmp MkII, Duotone, Puretone; Rivera K-Tre, K-100; Mesa Dual Rectifier; Laney VH100R.  Like I said, I want that 80s metal Strat tone but without the noise of a traditional single coil.  I would love something like what is heard on Great White's ...Twice Shy album.

Thanks!

Cole