DiMarzio Transition A4

• 2 Replies

Offline frankencat

• View Profile
    • Slamo Custom Guitars
DiMarzio Transition A4
« on: April 01, 2024, 12:21:29 AM »
After trying the Transition bridge in two different guitars - a PRS Custom 24 and a Peavey Wolfgang - I decided I wanted a little less brightness and a slightly softer attack. The pickups sounds good out of the box but it’s just a little too hot in the high end. It sounds to me like a lower wound Super Distortion but with a little more mids and highs. It has that cool whomp thing that the Super Distortion has but I wanted to cool off the highs. I had some magnets around and decided to try a rough cast A4 and long story short, it did exactly what I wanted. It rounded off the highs and softened up the attack just a little and it still has that characteristic sound and feel, and still comes in around 11k. The stock pickup has a tall ceramic magnet and spacers which I had to remove, so you will have to take off the baseplate to do the mod, but it all went back together with no issues and I am glad I finally broke down and tried it. Btw the 36th neck with Transition bridge is great in the Wolfgang, much more versatile than the stock pickups.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 12:31:39 AM by frankencat »
Owner:
Slamo Custom Guitars
Doc Simons Miracle Guitar Polish
www.slamocustomguitars.com

Offline nienturi

• AlNiCo IV Zone
    • View Profile
    • Tone Journey
Re: DiMarzio Transition A4
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 09:11:35 AM »
Sounds good :) Thanks for sharing.
https://www.tonejourney.com
Everything and everyone about the Guitar; Honest, reliable and detailed reviews of guitar pickups, electric guitars & equipment and special interviews

Offline buddroyce

• *Fake VIP*
  • Administrator
  • Founder
    • View Profile
    • BRL Guitarworks
Re: DiMarzio Transition A4
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2024, 09:15:14 PM »
I should give that mod a shot! Thanks for sharing man!
Founder - DiMarzioForum.Com
Follow me on Twitter