Dimarzio Satch Track Neck and Fast Track 1 comparisson? (neck position, 250K pot

• 3 Replies

Offline fommof

• View Profile
Hey gang, I was wondering if anyone here has first hand experience with the Satch Track Neck and Fast Track 1 pickups in the neck position with 250K pots.

There's no much info about the Satch Track and it's not easy to get one either...

The thing is, I am getting further from the traditional single coil voicing and I would like to replace the Cruiser Neck of one of my two main guitars with something less single coily. I got the Fast Track 1 installed in the middle and neck positions in my other main guitar and it's a great combination. There is a single coil voicing but nothing thin or very traditional.

I do dislike traditional humbuckers in the neck position (last time I tried an Air Norton S in that position, no way I could use it in any way), I think they are way too dark, muffled and/or boomy for my tastes, so far the Fast Track 1 is my favorite neck pickup but if there was another rail pup with just a bit less treble, a bit more mids and pretty much the same bass, that would be swell.

Obviously I could go the Fast Track 1 in both middle and neck positions route for my 2nd main guitar but I wouldn't like to end up having two acousticaly very similar instuments.

Please keep in mind I am only interested in the 250K pots setup as there is no way I will change that (not easy anyway as I would have to replace the Obsidianwire harness altogether).

Anyway, anyone has a personal experience please do chime in.

Thans in advance!

PS: both my main guitars are alder/maple strats and on the bright side overall.

Offline RayBarbeeMusic

• View Profile
Satch Track is like a Chopper with slightly less bass.  Chopper is a mid wind PAF sound, with 250k pots pretty dark.  If you don't like traditional humbuckers in the neck, stick with FT1.

Offline fommof

• View Profile
Satch Track is like a Chopper with slightly less bass.  Chopper is a mid wind PAF sound, with 250k pots pretty dark.  If you don't like traditional humbuckers in the neck, stick with FT1.

Thank you, I was kinda expecting an answer like that.

I'll follow your advice and I'll stick with the Fast Track 1s..

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Thanks Ray for that description. This is really helpful as there is not much information on this pickup out there yet.
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b