DimarzioForum.Com > News & New Guys

Big Server Update!

(1/4) > >>

buddroyce:
 :madness: :madness: :madness: :madness:
If you're reading this, I have good news and some minor bad news.

The good news is that after about 10hrs of working on this, the new server is fully functional and I've moved all the data over!!

I'm going to admit, I've been avoiding this for the last several years because of the sheer amount of time and money involved. I couldn't just MOVE the files and the database over to the new server(trust me I tried). While it works it still has some of the inherent problems of the old server, with the biggest being new posts taking absolutely forever to go through. So this is a fresh server with a fresh install of the forum software with the database merged into it. If that sounds like geek to you, don't worry. All that matters is that this place is up and running with fewer issues.

The bad news?

Some of you may have lost your avatars, but that just gives you an excuse to find a new one. Additionally, some posts (few) were lost during the transition time between the old server and the new one. BOTH servers are actually live right now, so if this one doesn't work, I'm switching everything back to the old one. Both servers are located at the same location in Dallas, TX so there shouldn't be any connectivity issues. If there is, please let me know.

-Budd

buddroyce:
Oh yeah. I've also updated the spam filtering here. It seems effective but it may be TOO effective. So if anyone knows of someone running into problems, please let me know!

buddroyce:
Still working on things here. For the most part things *SHOULD* be working but there are still lots of things that need fixing.

darkbluemurder:
I like the new looks. And posts indeed seem to be uploaded faster than before. I will test the search function next and report.

Good job so far, and thanks Budd for all your effort.

Cheers Stephan

buddroyce:
The issue with the new posts has been haunting me for a while. That and the server itself. Hopefully this new setup will serve us well for the next 10 years as the previous iteration has. On the plus side, the amount of spam registrations we've been getting has been dramatically reduced which is a plus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version