Pickups for my new S2 Custom 24

• 5 Replies

Bananagab

Pickups for my new S2 Custom 24
« on: October 05, 2015, 10:23:29 AM »
Hi,
I got a new S2 Custom 24 a week ago and I want to change the pickups but I'm a newbie to this kind of stuff. I want something warmer. Mainly playing classic rock and bluesy stuff through a Tiny Terror.

I tried Dimarzio and Seymour Duncan ''Tone Wizard'', they recommend the SD Slash Set (which is only 2 conductors so I can't use the coil split knob) and the PAF 36th Anniversary Bridge and the Super Distortion. I'm kinda bad at spotting differences in pickups sound in audio clips (my ****ty headphones might be the reason) so I would like to hear your opinions on these pickups and others. Just pitch your suggestions!

If it can help, here's what I'm mainly playing these days : Santana, Slash/GNR, a bit of Satriani's more tamed songs, Queens of the Stone Age, Muse and Rage Against The Machine.

Offline jazzfromhell

• View Profile
Re: Pickups for my new S2 Custom 24
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 04:44:38 PM »
If you want 'traditional' I'd go with a pair 36th PAFs, no question. They are killer allround pickups that will do everything you need them to. If you want hotter but still PAF-flavor I'd check out the Breeds.

Offline greenlion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 08:44:25 PM »
Seth Lovers are great in PRS guitars. I have an Air Zone and Paf Joe in a 24 fret PRS that sounds great too. I wasn't crazy about the 36th bridge. The neck works pretty good. I have a Jazz neck and a Gibson 498t bridge in another PRS and thats a great rock and blues combo too.

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 09:42:21 PM »

If you want 'traditional' I'd go with a pair 36th PAFs, no question. They are killer allround pickups that will do everything you need them to.

^^^ this ^^^

I have the 36th bridge in a shred stick and it's aces.
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline bubs_42

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 10:08:04 PM »
I have a set of Virtual PAF's in my Mira and damn they sound good. Another set of Virtual's are going in my PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow this weekend.

Offline garrettj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 07:00:55 PM »
DP224 AT1 Andy Timmons &  DP193 Air Norton, they sound great in my SE 24