DimarzioForum.Com > The Pickup Place

Looking to try something between a 36th PAF and Tone Zone

(1/9) > >>

Matt_B:
I'm looking to try a pup that's somewhere between the 36th PAF and Tone Zone and I think that would be a Norton or more specifically a half-aired Norton.

The output level on the PAF is fine and I'd almost lean towards the Air Norton but it seems like a lot of folks don't like it in the bridge. I really like the 36th PAF but I'd like something with a little more oomph and midrange.

Based upon that should I just get a Norton and half-air it or just get an Air Norton? Again bear in mind I generally like the PAF.

Thanks.

KellyB:
At-1

Matt_B:
Eh, on paper I'm not seeing the AT-1 as being the solution to what I'm trying to do so it's going to take a bit more convincing than a 4 character response. :)

Amplifuzz:
Sounds like Norton, but this is the perfect question for DiMarzio's own tech line, as they know exactly what goes on in their designs as far as frequency response and stuff. Let us know if you ask them!

Matt_B:
If one always contacted Dimarzio when they had a question like then the conversation on this board would be greatly diminished, wouldn't it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version