DimarzioForum.Com > The mini bar (off topic & misc)

So this may peeve off some Dragonforce fans but....

<< < (2/2)

buddroyce:

--- Quote from: Guitar74 on April 24, 2021, 10:40:49 AM ---I get it. I just kind of get annoyed at the same old "story" you get from the endorsees about he newest product they are using. But hey, without that marketing there are a bunch of things that I love that I probably would have either missed or at least not tried. Worst marketing ever? The ads for the Boss Turbo Distortion. No description just a 80s metal chick in a shirt that didn't fit. Got my attention when I was 13, but I never had any idea what the Turbo Distortion actually did. Does it go from zero to fully distorted quicker than any other? I finally tried one and found it to be kind of a hidden gem in their lineup. footswitchable rhythm and lead settings.

--- End quote ---

Reminds me of the time D'Addario had the ad for their XL's with the slogan s*x selLs

Guitar74:
Reminds me of the time D'Addario had the ad for their XL's with the slogan s*x selLs

I remember those ads. Remember the ads for the Blue Steel Dean Markleys? We bring these strings down to 3 million degrees below zero centigrade to realign the molecular makeup of them and then bring them up to a rockin' room temperature so that you have strings that will fetch the newspaper for you. That's not exactly accurate, but I did have to try them out. Used them for a long time and for the life of me don't remember why I quit using them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version