Injector bridge on the neck?

• 2 Replies

Offline eMs

• View Profile
Injector bridge on the neck?
« on: April 29, 2016, 06:16:53 AM »
Hi guys!  I`m looking for a Neck (and middle) single coil to match a Duncan Custom Custom on the bridge.

On my research I found an used Injector Bridge and I was wondering how it will sound on the neck position.  On the DiMarzio website recomended it to pair a hot humbucker on the bridge and that's the case, but I couldn't find any clip to hear how it will sound.

I want something that goes on the "single coil sound" direction but at the same time that can handle high gain distortion (not metal).  I was thinking maybe a stacked pup can do the trick but I`m open to your suggestions.

Thankssss!

PS. Sorry for my English!

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
Re: Injector bridge on the neck?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 02:14:51 PM »
The Injector neck is already a pretty good match for a hot bridge pickup. I've tried one ( http://bit.ly/1LGWF4d ) paired up with a hotter and louder bridge pup that the DC and it does well. Sounds like if DiMarzio is suggesting the Injector Bridge as an option and it sounds good to you, definitely give it a shot. If it ends up being too much, you can always swap it out within the trial period for something that might suit you better.
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline eMs

• View Profile
Re: Injector bridge on the neck?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 05:20:40 AM »
I'm from Argentina and here there's no trial period  :'(

Thanks for the review of the Injector neck!