Out Of Phase Advice Needed

• 2 Replies

Offline CygnusX1

• View Profile
Out Of Phase Advice Needed
« on: July 10, 2016, 11:13:59 PM »
Super Distortion in the bridge. Humbucker from Hell in the neck. Gibson, Les Paul wired 1950's style.

All I want is to have the neck pup go out of phase when the toggle is in the center position.
I don't want push/pull pots.

Can someone explain what wires go where? Is there a schematic for this somewhere?

I know this may be so simple to some, but I don't want to screw this up! lol
Thanks guys,

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Out Of Phase Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 04:02:19 AM »
If the Humbucker from Hell has a four conductor wire, just swap the red and green wires. Does nothing on the neck pickup tone itself but when you select both, you will have the out-of-phase sound. If you don't like it just put it back like it was. It is indeed a simple operation if your neck pickup has a four conductor wire.

Now - if your neck pickup does not have a four conductor wire but a single shielded wire, then the operation is more complicated. In that case we may look at the bridge pickup for a possible out-of-phase solution.

Good luck,
Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline CygnusX1

• View Profile
Re: Out Of Phase Advice Needed
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 06:32:51 PM »
Thank you, Darkblue.  :)