Number of winds/turns per coil

• 4 Replies

Offline Timius

• View Profile
Number of winds/turns per coil
« on: September 04, 2020, 11:50:17 AM »
I remember seeing some posts with number of turns/winds and type of wire per a bobbin on some of the more popular Dimarzio pickups.  Does anyone have that info handy?  I would love to look it over. 

Thanks!

Offline DarthPhineas

• View Profile
    • Darth Phineas Guitar Gear Reviews
Re: Number of winds/turns per coil
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 07:54:26 AM »
if you can't find it, it could be because Larry had it shut down.

he's literally threatened to take action against at least one online DiMarzio-themed resource for people discussing the engineering of DiMarzio products as well as posting photos of a DiMarzio product someone bought and disassembled.

let that sink in.  a place started and operated by a fan as a place for other fans to gather, not unlike this forum.  DiMarzio didn't start it and isn't funding it or even supporting it.  and Larry threatened to take action because someone bought a product, which makes it their property, and posted a photo of the bottom with the baseplate removed... which is something that anyone can figure out from the publicly available patent info... as in, it's no big secret.

anyway, good luck on finding the info you're looking for.   ;)
Gear Reviews   |  Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Instagram

Offline Aceman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 06:37:01 PM »
Well, I have often spoke very clearly of my opinion on Larry in those sorts of matters.  And this does nothing but support that opinion.

But - as Darth said...not like it can't be found. 

Now, I think I'm gonna go play my Boss Super Distortion & Feedback.  Apologies if you are confused about it being a pickup or a pedal!

:madness:

Offline Timius

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 05:36:25 PM »
I've been searching and I'm not having any luck.  I remember seeing it.  Wish I would have downloaded it.  Oh Well......Don't want Larry coming after me just because I'm curious!

Offline Aceman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 06:04:42 PM »
Well....I don't say those things here, naturally!