Dp 421Bk Wiring help

• 1 Replies

Offline WESCUSTOMSHOP

• View Profile
Dp 421Bk Wiring help
« on: February 14, 2016, 08:51:11 PM »
 8) I am wiring up a Telecaster for a buddy of mine and He wants to be able to tap the bridge only using Area T hot? It is a 1977 Tele with 1Meg volume pot and a 500k push pull tone pot. The Neck pickup is a Gibson humbucker that he does not want to tap or coil split?? I could use a wiring diagram that is easy. I did notice that the red wire coil was the hot on and would not be the coil that we would wish to tap. Any help will be greatly appreciated. My first time using Dimarzio pickups but have already purchased another and I am on the hunt for a Pro track & fast Track for another project. Very Impressed!!
Thanks
WES 8)

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dp 421Bk Wiring help
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 07:46:05 AM »
If your Area Hot T has a four wire conductor you can tap it. Red goes to the switch, green and bare to ground, black & white soldered together and to a switch (mini or push-pull pot) that grounds and ungrounds this connection. For the rest you can use the regular telecaster wiring.

However, I would find it more useful to have the ability to either run the neck humbucker as single coil or in parallel - provided it has a four conductor wire or provides the capability of fitting one (difficult to impossible if the pickup is epoxy potted).

Good luck,
Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b