DimarzioForum.Com > The Pickup Place

Evolution Neck in an HSS?

<< < (3/3)

darkbluemurder:
I think Reverend used a 0.0022uf cap but the exact values of pot and cap are only a starting point - as you said it is all personal preference and should be selected by ear. In the PRS S2 Standard 24 and the Custom I used 0.0022uf and 500k audio pots which work fine in these guitars - I can always find the spot I am looking for so I have not seen a reason for further finetuning.

Cheers Stephan

gregr:
I’ve tried it in few guitars now, but I just can’t get on with an Area 61 in the neck*. It’s just too sharp and bright and not all that fat. Maybe I need heavier strings than 10-46. I put an Injector neck in there and it’s a lot better. Position 4 with the VV54P still works pretty well.

Even still, I’m wanting to try a little fatter with an HB2. How well can this pickup clean up with a treble bleed, say in the 270pF range? Will I get any chime out of it? If not maybe position 4 with the 54P with both split might still be ok; or I can just rely on position 2 with the split JB.

(*) As an aside I’m ok with the 61 in the bridge with a dark to neutral guitar, though I definitely prefer the Virtual Vintage Blues.

darkbluemurder:

--- Quote from: gregr on February 18, 2024, 10:42:30 PM ---I’ve tried it in few guitars now, but I just can’t get on with an Area 61 in the neck*. It’s just too sharp and bright and not all that fat. Maybe I need heavier strings than 10-46. I put an Injector neck in there and it’s a lot better. Position 4 with the VV54P still works pretty well.
--- End quote ---

You probably have a very bright guitar there. In my #1 I like it just fine in the neck. Injector neck is the logical step up.

--- Quote from: gregr on February 18, 2024, 10:42:30 PM ---Even still, I’m wanting to try a little fatter with an HB2. How well can this pickup clean up with a treble bleed, say in the 270pF range? Will I get any chime out of it?
--- End quote ---

I have that pickup in the neck position of my Pinecaster tele with a 500k volume pot and a 220pf treble bleed, and it cleans up well. Actually I rely very much on that sound for one song.

Cheers Stephan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version