Virtual Solo for the win

• 2 Replies

Offline LPBII

• View Profile
Virtual Solo for the win
« on: October 24, 2023, 10:11:48 PM »
I finally tracked down a VS about a month ago. 

I was afraid it would not sound stratty based on the B/LM/UM/T charts, but to my delight it sounds very stratty. The good kind of stratty, too. I dare say it sounds more stratty than some overwound true singles I tried.  It's an excellent bridge position solution if you need a traditional strat bridge pickup only with more power-and without too harsh treble.

I'm very pleased. I have HSS strats and Charvels, so I wanted to keep my SSS strat with a set of boutique true singles traditional sounding. The bridge single of the set sounds great but just did not have enough power. The VS was the solution. And the VS sounds great in its own right.

Also the notch position with the middle pickup has great "quack." It's also nice to not have the buzz on the more used bridge position when running through a hot amp. The middle pickup is RWRP, so I just moved the hum canceling from the bridge and middle together to the bridge position alone.

Offline darkbluemurder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Solo for the win
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2023, 03:25:14 AM »
Fully agree. My VS has been in my MIJ Charvel Strat for years. The Injector Bridge is a good alternative. Both do the hot but still strat excellently.

Cheers Stephan
Area 67, Area 58, Area 61, VV Pro 54, Injectors, VV HB2, Virtual Solo, SDS-1, Area T, Area Hot T, Area T 615, Virtual Hot T, Chopper T, Bluesbucker, Breed set, Air Norton, Super Distortion, DLX+ set, DLX-90, DP240, DP198, DP168, VPAF b, AT-1, Mo' Joe, FRED, Super 2; GS b

Offline frankencat

• View Profile
    • Slamo Custom Guitars
Re: Virtual Solo for the win
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 11:19:05 PM »
The VS is my favorite Strat bridge pickup.
Owner:
Slamo Custom Guitars
Doc Simons Miracle Guitar Polish
www.slamocustomguitars.com